Is there anything better than settling down on the sofa in your comfies and crafting something festive? We don’t think so. As Christmas draws closer and closer, we’ve put together a list of some of our favourite free tutorials and patterns for some amazing festive decorations.
From pom pom gnomes to chunky arm knit tree skirts, we’ve got plenty of ideas to give you some crafting inspiration.
- This sweet little hanging rudolf decoration would make the perfect addition to any Christmas tree or door handle. If you’d like to make your own, you can find the pattern and tutorial here. This is a great project for anyone who picked up crochet this year and requires no special materials like safety eyes.
2. How incredible do these crochet baubles look? This design by Carmen Heffernan looks amazing and you can easily make yourself a set of these baubles in a rainbow of colours. Carmen uses 4ply yarn to create her crochet baubles, which you can find in a huge range of colours here. For the full pattern, click here.
3. Why make a paper chain when you can make a knitted chain? This adorable knitted paper chain decoration would look amazing on a tree or a fireplace. You can find the full tutorial here. Our DK range is available in lots of colours and wool types, and is great for hand knitting – check it out here.
4. If you’re less of a crochet expert and more of a pom pom maker, these little pom pom gnomes are the perfect project for you. These look really simple to make, and you could easily have a few done in one evening. And how cute are those little embroidered felt hats – we love the combination of the turquoise and pink colours! Click here for the full tutorial.
5. One of our Woolyknit team had a go at this snowman decoration and it came out so cute! (Head over to our Instagram to see the finished result!) The pattern is by the talented Maria’s Blue Crayon and was really easy to follow. You can find the snowman pattern, plus lots more Christmas crochet patterns, here.
6. These little reindeer plushies would look amazing sat on a shelf or a mantle piece, but they would also make a lovely Christmas gift for a little one. If you’d like to make one (or a pair) of these reindeer, you can find the pattern here.
Peony & Thyme
7. This beautiful red and white chunky tree skirt is arm knitted using extreme chunky wool. If you decide to make your own arm knitted tree skirt, check out our range of extreme chunky Merino wool. You can find a video tutorial for this project here. If you’re new to arm knitting, why not take a look at our blog post from earlier this year all about the best yarn to use and all the info you need to get you started – check it out here.
8. This quick Christmas tree crochet pattern is the perfect last minute Christmas decoration project. This would make a great first project if you wanted to entice any family members into the world of crochet. These would also make great gift tags to decorate your gifts with. Click here for the tutorial.
We hope we’ve given you some inspiration to create your own Christmas decorations this year. Whether you’re a knitter, a crocheter, or a pom pom maker, hopefully you’ve found a project idea that you love.
We’d love to see your Christmas creations! Remember to tag us on Instagram and Facebook using @Woolyknit when you post your amazing photos.
Saw a project that inspired you? Save it to your Pinterest board!