Whether you are a newbie at knitting or somewhat of a guru, arm knitting is a quick and easy technique that you can try out at home, stress free! Arm knitting is not just for blankets. Scarves, cowls and shrugs are all great examples of how arm knitting is a versatile way of creating beautiful projects.
Arm-knitting is a fantastic technique without the need for needles. This on-trend chunky style is the perfect past-time for those cold evenings creating cosy blankets to snuggle up in to.
Our NEW range of gigantic yarn was created specifically for arm knitting.
- First things first, to get yourself some of our gigantic yarn. Try to go for full-bodied yarn to create the desired ‘chunky’ effect.
- You can combine strands together for an even chunkier finish. Depending on the thickness of your wool and the scale of your project we would usually recommend 2kg of wool tops for a blanket which would cover 1/3 of a double bed.
- The tension of the fabric is created by the size of your arms. Larger stitches mean that you’re able to create large scale projects in just a matter of hours.
- Cast the first stitch on to your forearm using the long-tail method.
- Use your hands to work through the stitches to create loops.
- Continue passing the stitches between your arms. Unlike knitting with needles, there is no turning of your work, simply change to the opposite direction on your arms.
Go to our Facebook Page for loads more information on our gigantic yarns and tutorials on how to arm knit!
Don’t be afraid to pop in to the shop and ask one of us about how to get started!